Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hecticality

I was woken by a call on my cell phone.

"Hey, Nate," said Joe, one of my co-workers from PCTA and Lakewood.
"What's up, Joe," I mumbled, shaking the sleep from my head.
"Where are you at?" he asked.
"Uh," I hesitated (I actually hesitated), "Home."
"Are you going to be on your way?" he asked.
Am I doing to be on my what? I thought to myself.
"What? Why?" I asked, "Is there a shoot today?"
"Yeah," he answered, "Wait, are you scheduled?"
"I... don't know," I stated. At this point I was racking my brain for any memory of a shoot today.
"Hold on, I'm gonna call Louis," said Joe. (Louis is my boss at PCTA).
"Okay," I said, still not sure if I was dreaming.
While Joe called our boss, I checked my e-mail for any mention of a shoot for the 23rd of February.

Yep. There was. And I was scheduled.

S**T.

I got another call from Joe.

"Yeah, Louis says you were scheduled," confirmed Joe, "Can you come in?"
"Yes," I said, not even close to being ready to go to work.

I practically only looked at the water in the shower, before I was out the door and heading to Westminster. The shoot was something about Business Excellence and Citizens of the Year. Honestly, I was too busy to really think about it. This feels like its the case for me more often than not. I'm usually so busy trying to get ready, and then too busy focusing on the shot, to have a chance for my brain to register what I'm shooting. Especially this morning.

The shoot went off without a hitch, and I got free lunch to boot. (Thanks to LaVeda and some cool Westminster official like people). We were barely half-way through breaking down the equipment before I had to take off to get going to Norwalk. Again, let me reiterate... Hectic Day.

I'm just glad to be done with it...

....because tomorrow is more of the same. :-O

-Nate

No comments: