Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Feed The Terrorists

I had one of those mornings where I wanted to be contrary to my own schedule. I wanted to do my comic run, but I also wanted to finish my sandwich. There was no reason for this. I could bring the food and have the additional joy of eating it while reading comics. And yet, there I was, sitting in the dining room, annoying myself while methodically eating my sandwich.

I accomplished nothing with that first paragraph.

My comic run was short and sweet. I picked up Green Lantern Corps (#46) and Siege (#3 or 4). Green Lantern Corps was very good, with a ton of imaginative, action packed panels. Kyle and Guy are a great buddy cop duo. Great issue, all around.

But...

I wrote about this back in 1994 Was a Heavy Year. It was about the brutal death of Kyle Raynar's girlfriend, and how it marked a fear of disturbing abuse towards women in comic stories.

*****SPOILERS*******



Well, Kyle's dead girlfriend makes a reappearance.



*****SPOILER OVER******

It was strange to see it revisited again after all these years. I mean, I figured it was only a matter of time, and it was only a few pages in the book. I'm not sure what I think about it yet. And I bought Siege #3, even though I do not own the first two issues of this event. I guess I'm picking and choosing. I didn't like the first issue at all, and I didn't take a very long look at #2, but #3 was fairly good. Maybe I'm picking the stuff I'd like to cut straight to.

Topics of Conversation @ Comics Unlimited: Green yo-yos, getting tied up, hiring people to be your arms, how to lure cats, picking & choosing, working with legends, getting a free t-shirt from a cousin, etc.

I took Justin and Cap'n Josh to Brewbakers for lunch. (I know, I know, but their food is SO good!). They weren't sure about it at first. But as soon as they got inside, they started to warm up to the place. We got some pretzels and they liked the place.

Then we had the Root Beer and they loved Brewbakers.

We left with many promises to return. I headed to work at Norwalk. I saw what may be the final design for the new logo for the cable station. It said NCTV with a tiny lightning bolt above the "V" in TV. Underneath the letters, it said "Norwalk City Television." I like the new logo. What can I say? I'm a sucker for lightning bolts.

Afterwards, I headed over to Justin's place and had the best Irish dinner I've ever eaten. That's right. An IRISH meal at a FILIPINO household where the usual specialty is adobo. Its moments like these that prove that America is the greatest country on the planet. The FOOD. Feed the terrorists, and they would learn to love and drop their suicide bombs right then and there... uh, I mean, not so that they would explode, but safely, and they would turn it in to the proper-...........

What's important is that the corned beef was delicious.

-Nate

No comments: