Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cats and Zombies

January 4, 2010:


[Contrary to the date that this is being posted by blogger, this is a journal entry for the 4th.]


I woke up and headed to Comics Unlimited to pick up a copy of Blackest Night I had asked them to hold for me. I really love that comic shop. Its my favorite. And though I might be breaking some other shop's hearts stating this, I know that I have found the shop for me. Nancy, the owner, is incredibly nice. Mark, the Second-In-Command, is incredibly nice. Lainey, one of the clerks, is incredibly nice. Denise, also a clerk there, is incredibly nice. (I think I'm missing someone, but I don't go to the shop on the days that person is there). How can one store be bursting at the seams with crazy awesome people? It should be impossible. Today, Mark and Lainey were manning the store.


Topics That I Talked About @ Comics Unlimited: Cats, Ringtones, Ska, Guitars, Vegan Food, Scams, Cell Phone companies, and Trailers for B-Movies.


Its getting harder and harder to leave the place once I get there. If only they would hire me. (Wink, wink, Nancy...) :-D


I had a Green Gummy Bear smoothie at Jamba Juice (which started out okay, but quickly stopped being okay) before I headed to work. Once there, I had to organize tapes and DVDs. We are piling up over there, and have to start clearing out the backlog. Work went by quickly and I headed over to hang out with Aaron and Amy for some Pho and Left 4 Dead 2.


The perfect end to a quiet night.


-Nate


Nate Note: I actually came up with a FanFic sequel to the whole game I call "5 Left Alive." Its basically a thinly veiled excuse to cast myself and my friends in a Zombie Apocalypse. Yep, I'm that much of a sad geek. I even went home and made fake title art for it:

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sweet!! I want one of my weapons to be either a metal ruler or T-square. Carrying those things through school always gives me savage urges. Killer logo too!