Thursday, January 21, 2010

No Shelter From Stupidity

January 20, 2010:

I woke up to an automated Flood warning for Stanton. Which is a great way to start your morning. So I looked around the room at everything that was on the floor. It was enough to worry me. After I took a shower and got ready, I grabbed my guitar, laptop, and some books and tossed them on top of my bed. That's really all I could do in a short notice. Cuz you know what day it flippin' is? Flippin' Wednesday. My favorite day of the week!

Mother Nature could have her watery psychotic episode all she wanted, but New Comic Wednesday is New Comic Wednesday. I headed over to the bank first so that I would have some money to properly enjoy the new comic books, and got into the store. I said hello to Lainey and Mark and then found out something that really pissed me off.

Lainey had been denied the right to adopt a cat AGAIN.

Now for all of you out there in internet land, you may not know Lainey. In fact, you probably didn't know she was trying to get a cat. Or that she had been doing so from a particular shelter. You also probably didn't know that said shelter is run by people who sniff glue and are heavily inbred. Cuz that's the only reason that makes any sense why they would say no.

Important Questions That Any Cat Shelter Should Ask:
1. Do you like cats?
2. Have you ever owned a cat?
3. Was your cat ever in poor health due to negligence?
4. How many years did your last cat live?

1 should be a Yes. 2 COULD be a yes. 3 should be a No. 4 should be a number over ten.

There. Really, you don't need a whole lot more. Unfortunately, Lainey went to a Shelter that didn't believe in common sense. They're main reason they decided to say no to Lainey was because of a chance the cat might go outside. It didn't matter that she answered the common sense questions of 1-3 correctly. It apparently didn't matter to these retards that her last cat lived for 17 years. 17. That's rare for a cat to make it that long.

But common sense and basic math just aren't enough for them. So now the cat that she would have gladly taken to a loving home is going to get to stay in a cage for an indefinite amount of time. And the shelter is a no-kill shelter, which is very nice, but the down side is where are all these cats going to stay? In the magic house made of pillows and happiness? Nope. Probably in a cage packed in with other cats. The people that run this shelter sure talk big about taking care of animals, but they're obviously more concerned with maintaining their sanctimonious attitude. And its that cats that pay the price.

Okay, I needed to get that out of my system.

I only picked up two comics today: Green Lantern Corps and Shazam. Very slow week, made even slower by the fact that Shazam was an issue from last week. But that's not bad, I'll make up for it next week.

Topics of Conversation @ Comics Unlimited: Shelters, Radioactive bug bites gone wrong, "webbing," underground orchards, house cut-outs, saran wrap, blogging, Spider-Man 4, Jay Leno's poor decisions, the follies of living in Oklahoma, Asians, birthdays, cat leg warmers, the Groovy Ghoulies, Michael Bay Comics, sleeves, its business time, blogging about blogging, etc.

When I got to Norwalk, I got to watch some thunder and lightning. But I was a little concerned, mostly because all the rain could add some difficulty to the fact that I work underground, so it was more likely to get flooded. Such is life.

I talked with a friend after work about trying to stay focused on getting things done within the year. The main thing that came to mind was to stay focused on things that we can control. Things that we can actually do, instead of wish oh wish we could do. So, we decided that having three attainable goals a month is a good start.

For Example:
1- Write a poem.
2- Read two books.
3- Run a mile every week.

I'm just glad I was able to get this entry and the 19th's entry finally finished. Ugh, I need to get some sleep...

-Nate

No comments: