Monday, January 25, 2010

Half-Assed Journal Entry #02

Today was an exhausting day. I woke up early to head to work at Lakewood. I had to shoot a long, deeply information packed Water Board Meeting. It didn't help that I didn't have to go to the bathroom until ten minutes into the meeting, leaving me distracted for the last 50 minutes of the entire ordeal. Norwalk was a long day in that all I had to do was make 2 copies of a DVD, only to find that the computer wouldn't "verify" it. No matter how many times I tried.

A little before that, my parents called me up to tell me that we were going to my uncle's birthday NOT party. Huh? What does that even mean? It meant that we were NOT meeting up with a lot of people. And that I was NOT going to sing karaoke with friends that tonight. (Sorry, Lainey!) It was a lot of people that my uncle and my parents knew, but I was mostly there as moral support. I started going on the computer when it became apparent I was to be left to my own devices.

Yeah, I was kind of anti-social, but I'm not always in the mood for socializing. And darn it! I had really looked forward to some karaoke tonight. So I wallowed a little bit. But I was able to get away with it with none the wiser.

On a completely seperate note...

A long time ago, I let a friend borrow my copy of "An Evening With Kevin Smith." Almost a year later, I got Disc 2 back, with Disc 1 and the box lost to the ages. It has been a hole in my heart ever since. Recently I purchased a new/used copy of An Evening With Kevin Smith, AND a copy of A Threevening With Kevin Smith. Yes, I skipped the second DVD, but I really wanted to watch Threevening again. I'll buy the second DVD (Evening Harder) at some point, but I just wanted to have my favorites first.

And that's it. Today was definetly a Monday.

-Nate

No comments: