Saturday, February 13, 2010

Even the Monsters Were Sharp Dressed

I hung out with Patrick M. today and we watched The Wolfman. Holy crap there is some good monstering in that flick! Not only was the acting, writing, and camera work beautiful, but the action was intense, actually going out of its way to earn the "R" they were rated. People get messed up man, limbs sliced, and heads roll. The movie reminds us why Werewolves are badass, and have a great, emphatic "F**k you, Twilight/New Moon!" Those lame sauce excuses for monsters needed to be challenged. Edward can kiss his sparkly ass good-bye if he ever wanted to mess with THESE Werewolves. (Jacob, you're a pansy). I fully intend to see this movie again.

After the movie, Patrick and I went to Pizza Hut for lunch. After which, he had to head home.

Topics of Conversation @ Pizza Hut: Rick Baker, buffalo wings, diverging siblings, financial scams, the very first steps of the creation of martial arts, the stripper's boyfriend's dilemma, why maniacal laughter should be kept on the inside, stuffed crust, weak arguments, Iron Body exercises, etc.

After watching Sherlock Holmes and The Wolfman back to back, almost, I have come to the conclusion that we just don't dress as well anymore. I mean, the clothes and fashion sense of those days made everybody look amazing. I would love to have a huge trench coat with a perfectly taylored suit to match it. Not to mention that attitude. I guess it comes down to money and ease. Its a lot cheaper and convenient to grab a T-shirt and pair of pants from Target and call it an outfit. But those days, a lot of thought and effort was put into what one was wearing for the day. Even the monsters were sharp dressed.

Though I have to admit that getting a suit taylor made is almost completely out of the question for me. For many people, for that matter. Who has that kind of money? Especially if you want to have multiple suits/outfits? The answer is hoping that you can luck out at the Thrift Store. Otherwise, the outlook is a bit grim.

I need to update my wardrobe to start accepting some full out suits,

-Nate

No comments: