Monday, February 15, 2010

Move It Along (Rant #01)

All I want to do is change the subject. Is that too much to ask?

I really don't care about the subject anymore than the amount of oxygen I utilized to bring it up. Is there a way that I can avoid being a jerk to just say "I'm over it"? To avoid having a back and forth with someone over a topic that had exhausted my interest in the span of a few sentences. But they wanted me to come up with new thoughts and ideas on it. I wanted to move on, but the game was afoot, I suppose.

Don't mistake my attitude with anything more than casual apathy. It exists because there are a few subjects that we don't find ourselves informed upon or engrossed in enough to actually continue anything but the most cursory mentioning. Our attention spans aren't that great anymore, thanks to TV and too much candy, or whatever is the next hip excuse. But I just don't want to talk about the thing anymore. Thanks. Its been great, he says sarcastically. This blog is a monument to my own lack of interest in writing anything more on the subject.

And no, I didn't mention the subject. I'm just ranting. Sorry.

-Nate

No comments: