Sunday, February 21, 2010

Oh No I'm Blogging About Blogging

In this episode, I struggle to come up with something to write about.

I've written over 50 blogs. I don't even.... whoa. And I'm feeling it. I'm feeling the number drag on me. I've really tried damn hard to not be boring, but really, what chance do I have of pulling that off? Because that's probably a statistical impossibility. For example: I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But I would be the first to tell you that not every episode was astounding. Some episodes honestly sucked.

And now that's the case with my blogs.

This feels like one of those filler episodes from Buffy. Like for no real reason, there's an episode with a Frankenstein-like monster. There might be a theme, but in all honesty, its just letting the intern take a crack at writing, so that the main writers can think up the episodes that should win Emmys. Maybe I should add some sad Afternoon special energy to this entry.

But, really, this is the first time I've ever tried to write down my thoughts or events from my day in an organized and controlled structure. I have some friends who have written in a journal for years, but maybe that's the difference. If I was just writing strictly for myself, then would I ever try to be funny or to spice up my writing at all? Maybe that's the whole experiment then. For me to try, win or lose, to entertain someone other than myself for a consistent amount of time for as long as possible. And to have some actual output.

That was therapeutic.

-Nate

No comments: