Friday, January 7, 2011

Upon the Bounty of Gift Cards

I woke up much later than I had intended….

Is that becoming my thing? I just wake up later and later? Not much reason for it. I have school coming back into full swing in barely over a week. Get back into the game, Nate!

MOVING ON



I watched the movie 12 Monkeys again for the second time. It had been a long time since I’d seen it (1999?) and I had only seen a little over half of the movie then. So this was the first time I had seen it all the way through. The movie is pretty good. I’ve always been a fan of Terry Gilliam, and he has a heck of a visual style. And the story is nice and mind-f**ky, just as time travel movies should be.

I got a text from Lainey saying she had a Xmas gift for me, so after the movie, and after quenching my gas tank’s thirst upon the bounty of gift cards, I headed to the shop. There I was greeted with a busy Mark, a happy Mon, and, amusingly, a punch-drunk Lainey. Punch-drunk on sleepiness, that is. I highly recommend conversations with a sleep-deprived Lainey. Its very eye-opening.

As for the gift, it was a framed picture of Hemlock, the kitten I helped Lainey get roughly a year ago. Sweet googly moogly, how time just keeps blasting ahead…

Carissa came by the shop, and I headed out to grab some dinner with her (Lainey was busy for the night, so we couldn‘t talk her into coming along). Thanks again to gift cards, the choice for the restaurant was Chili’s. I had a cheeseburger, and she had some cajun pasta. We caught up, chatting about her new job, the New Year’s, Texas, and fixing iPods. It was a nice night.

I headed home, and caught up on two days of blogs. I watched some scattered bits of TV programming, but honestly can’t tell you what was on. It been nice to write this blog again. I really did miss it. Its just so tricky to find time to focus my brain and put the days into words. And as of this entry, I am now a week into 2011. Let’s see what’s in store for this year…

Topics of Conversation: Then we can bake forever, thermals, one craft fair, killing Ewoks, Lainey is SUPER drunk, “That’s all I got, bro, I got a heart condition!” smoke is a bad sign, threats and firings, no Jesus hands, flapping cadet, Knott’s Berry Farm: Tokyo Drift, the bitter cold of the low 60’s, the uniform, decrepit buildings, penny head’s up, etc.

-Nate

No comments: