Monday, May 3, 2010

Oh Henry!

Worked at Norwalk. It was Monday.

Um… RANT TIME!

I have a favorite candy bar. Its not one I indulge in often. Its not just because I don’t have much of a sweet tooth. Its not just because I don’t really need to have any candy. And its not just because I have no luck finding it at stores.

No, wait, its EXACTLY because I can’t find it in stores.

This candy bar is the Oh Henry.


And this sucker is hard to find. And when I do find it, its expired, and almost by years at that. What kind of candy company only makes 50 candy bars a year, and then stops? Its maddening! I’ve gone to liquor stores with no names other than “Liquor Store,” and I’ve gone to candy stores of epic proportions. Both have failed me equally.

Except for a Mobil Mart in Lakewood.

Truly unexpected, but it made me happier than it should have.

So what is the Oh Henry, you might ask? Its not much different from a Snickers: Milk Chocolate. Caramel. Peanuts. Nuget. But there’s just that much more peanut flavor in it that gives it a hearty flavor. And for some reason, the candy bar is divided into two separate pieces, which doesn’t sound as annoying as you’d think. Its easier to save it for later.

So… does anybody have a candy or something that they can’t find?

Topics of Conversation @ Norwalk: Germs, masubi, The Heavy, album covers of infamy, etc.

-Nate

No comments: