Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Heh heh heh... "420"

So I should get this out of the way right now, and acknowledge that it’s 4-20. 4:20. Get it? Anyways, I got two completely different stories about the reason as to why that number is so important to a… certain group of people whom enjoy relaxing a certain way.

STORY ONE!!!:
There were a group of stoners who always met up with their dealers at 4:20 in the afternoon without fail.

STORY TWO!!!:
There are 420 known chemicals and components that make up marijuana.

STORY THREE!!!:
The two above stories are completely wrong, and 420 was chosen at random. Which makes a stoner kind of sense.

Anyways, I had a shoot today at PCTA. It was four back-to-back segments of CityWorks, in which we interview what seemed to be every level of City Government. I was on camera, but I didn’t need to do very many movements.

I stopped off at Barnes & Noble to check out the books, since I had some down time. And low and behold I had forgotten that Changes by Jim Butcher had come out! Changes was the newest installment in the Harry Dresden series. The first page grabs you, especially if you’re as big a fan as I am. They even had an autographed copy from April 10th! How’d they pull that off?

After the book store, I headed to Norwalk. It was City Council night, and it was my turn to man the CG titles and names. After the meeting, I hung around with Mike and Karmin and we chatted for a bit before we took off for the night.

Topics of Conversation: Reclaimed water, NOT drinking reclaimed water, weird talks, when something is off, narrowly missing George Lucas, department of heavy petting, gay chicken, make out and grab stuff, “The Generators“ analogy, etc.

-Nate

No comments: