Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Lakers Got Spanked

I met up with Jamal to not only watch the Lakers game, but to tag along for a house party at his sister’s friend’s place later in the night. Before hand, we moseyed around the Block.
It was Lakers vs. Thunder, and the Lakers got spanked.

There’s no other way to put it. Just about everyone of us got disgusted with the game. The Lakers couldn’t seem to pull it together, and the Thunder were running circles around them. I follow the Lakers sporadically, at best, but I know for a fact that they can play better than they did tonight.

The party was at a house fairly close to where I live. And the turnout was myself, Jamal, Jon, Ben, Kevin, and… pretty much every person of Indian, Filipino, and Cambodian descent in Southern California. I was decidedly the minority, but no big deal. Cuz the food was delish.
We mostly hung around and talked. We all as a group walked into the Garage/Dance Floor, and, as a group, walked out. I wasn’t feeling the music. If it ain’t Michael Jackson or Funk, then I don’t see the point in trying to dance. I didn’t feel like drinking, so the beer tasted extra unsavory to me. I just grabbed some water and pretended it was vodka. Suckas!

All in all, a good night was had.

Topics of Conversation @ The House Party: Eye drops, chocolate, sodium something or other, the plastic bottle opening a beer bottle trick, making a plan, “obits”, Blade 3, dance floor no man’s land, the rocking chair, hot curry, etc.

-Nate

No comments: