Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Over a Hundred Days of my Life

Nothing really happened today. Errands and such. Work. Blah.

So I’m going to hijack this entry for the purposes of talking about this journal/blog. So very meta. So very self-indulgent. Well, there it is, I said it, and I’m going to do it anyway.

I’ve surpassed 100 entries a while back. I didn’t really notice until just recently. By this point, I must at 110 entries. Which is amazing. I’ve never been able to keep up that much an any attempt at a journal before. And I’ve tried at least once a year, with little success. But here it is:
Over a hundred days of my life.

Granted some of them are dumb, quick, or not even finished, but that seems as good a metaphor for me as there’s ever going to be.

At the same time, I’ve had some days here that I really liked. Some stories are in here that actually still make me laugh. Some are telling statements about me (even to myself). And some help to remind me that tomorrow is another day. Another entry. Another attempt at getting a better story.

I’ve needed to write this blog more than you needed to read it. I guess that was the point all along. For vanity and insight, equally.

Well, until the next entry, kids!

Topics of Conversation: Training for high fives, having salt ready on hand, kicking till there’s blood, drink till you drink again, getting things done, big chocolate, etc.

-Nate

No comments: