Friday, April 30, 2010

A Large Box of Acquired Mess

My room is a mess. This is a fact because I look at it and think, in terms of navigation, “Let’s see, I can step over the box of Anaheim Comic Con swag, but I better be careful or my TV tray will get knocked over… wait, is that last year’s copy of Wizard under there?” So, its getting to the point that I might not be able to live in my room.

I started with consolidating the various items of acquired mess into a large box of acquired mess. This actually helped in tidying the room, but I noticed that the shutters on my window were dirty. Filthy, in fact. It took me nearly two hours to clean off all the dirt that had accrued over the past three years.

It was a relief when Patrick called to see if I wanted to grab some lunch/dinner at a nearby Italian place called Carolina‘s. I had made plans to watch some more episodes of Buffy with Aaron and Amy, so I figured I would combine the two outings. I picked up Aaron and headed to the Italian place. I ordered Chicken Pesto Penne Pasta, since anything pesto is my standard choice for any new Italian place. It was delicious!

I highly recommend the restaurant. Its near Disneyland on Chapman between Harbor and… another street. Sorry, I can’t remember the name. :-[

After lunch/dinner, I headed to Amy’s and we started up Season Three of Buffy the Vampire Slayer! This season is my favorite, because of the Big Bad, the alternate reality episode, and Faith, among other excellent reasons. We watched three episodes: Anne, Dead Man’s Party, and Faith, Hope, & Trick.

I can’t wait till the next eps!

Topics of Conversation @ Carolina’s & Amy’s place: Godzilla vs. King Kong or King Kong vs. Godzilla, Lambic, cat licking, what kind of Henchin Hero would you be?, not being a spoiler-ific audience, etc.

-Nate

No comments: