Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Obadiah Stane

April 28, 2010:

Comic Run achieved! The fates were not against my getting my comic fix, and I went to the shop. Lainey, Mark, and Nancy were there today. The trio was hard at work.

Justin met up with me at the shop. As we talked and perused the shop, we came up with a ridiculous meme. (Though there is a very good chance that it exists already somewhere). Its called the “Obadiah Stane” meme, and is simple in concept and execution, and ridiculous in hindsight. For those of you who have watched the first Iron Man movie, you might recall Stane (played by Jeffery Bridges) berating a scientist for not being able to duplicate Tony Stark’s Arch Reactor. The words he used were as follows (and hopefully correct):

Tony Stark built it in a CAVE! With SCRAPS!”

So for the meme to work, you need only insert someone’s name and what they did. For example:

“Nathan wrote this blog in a CAVE! With SCRAPS!”

OR

“Todd McFarlane created Spawn in a CAVE! With SCRAPS!”

OR

“Tiger Woods learned how to play golf in a CAVE! With SCRAPS!”

The combinations are nearly endless with increasing hilarity. I know, I know, is this how I always spend my Wednesdays? No, but this is one of the better ones. Also, for the hardcore among you, and if you are on the receiving end of this recockulous meme, you can respond by saying “I’m not (Insert Name Here).” Happy meme-ing!

I went to work at Norwalk. This night we had a Planning Commission Meeting to tape. It was a quick one, but we got to talk a little more to some of the other people at work at Norwalk. Its odd that we’ve crossed paths so many times, but rarely end up having an opportunity to talk. But I
guess that’s how it can be at work.

Topics of Conversation @ Comics Unlimited & Norwalk: Supernatural intervention, kitty surprise, celestial knee, favorite cuss words, smudges, White Stripes lounge act, go with the flow, our strange sense of humor, etc.

-Nate

No comments: